Welcome to my little world!

This is just a little hodge podge of my life, some bits & pieces of me.:)

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A few updates...


This is a photo of me at my scrapbook retreat last weekend. This was my 5th year to attend Southern Retreat. We play a game during the weekend where when we finish a layout or project we get to keep the crown and wear it until someone else finishes a layout or project and they take it from us, there's a timer going and when it goes off whoever has the crown wins a prize. I won twice, a set of acrylic stamps and 2 markers both from Close to My Heart.  My daughter Lori & my sister Ione attended the retreat also, it was so much fun as it always is.

I finished the book I mentioned in a previous post - Bring on the Blessings, it was pretty good, entertaining, I would like to read the rest of the books in that series.
I have since read another book - The Quickening by Michelle Hoover. It is one of the worst books I've ever read, I just bogged through it, I knew it was a dark read - set in the depression era but I was hoping it would be good and by the fact I have read Gap Creek by Robert Morgan I know a book can be well written set in that era but this one was very hard to get through. I am one that almost has to finish a book I start for a couple of reasons, one being sometimes the books get better toward the end and secondly in this case I'd paid for it, if I'd gotten it free I'm not sure I'd have trudged through it.
I am between books now but I'll start something else today or tomorrow.

I scrapbooked yesterday, finished up an 8x8 album I'd started last weekend at the retreat.
Today we are going to Lori & Gabriel's for our Easter celebration. I am looking forward to seeing Kique with his Easter goodies! We are having brisket, potato salad, beans, Hawaiian rolls & I'm going to take a cherry dump cake. Should be fun.
Tomorrow I am hoping to go to church and then have a lazy afternoon. Hopefully I'll get to talk to Randy and the kids and I am so excited because it's only a few more weeks until the new grandbaby arrives!

Well, I guess that completes my updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment