Welcome to my little world!

This is just a little hodge podge of my life, some bits & pieces of me.:)

Saturday, July 7, 2012

July Update

Well here I am with my monthly update, seems I can't get myself motivated to post more often.

June was a pretty busy month. I only got 3 12x12 layouts scrapped, I have already scrapped 4 in this first week of July so I am pretty happy about that, I am going to try to do a lot more scrapping this month if at all possible, I have so much I want to accomplish! Of course with scrapbooking you never are finished!

Also in June I did lots of reading. I finished A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, I gave it 3 stars because I did like it, but it was very long and some parts of it seemed to drag along but then other parts I really liked.
I read Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg, I have always wanted to read that book because I love the movie, I am glad I read it because it explains quite a bit that the movie leaves to the imagination. I gave it 4 stars.
I read The Last Time I Saw You by Elizabeth Berg, I gave it 4 stars. Elizabeth Berg is one of my favorite authors and this book didn't disapoint.
I read Blue Moon Bay by Lisa Wingate, I gave it 2 stars as it was o.k., not a book I want to read again but it was an easy read and entertaining.
This past week and the first week of July I read The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, I also gave it 4 stars. It is a story narrated by a dog, tells his life story about the family he lives with, it was very thought provoking as a dog owner, makes me wonder just how much dogs really do know and what they really do think about.
I just started a new book last night The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow by Joyce Magnin, I got this one as a freebie on my Nook, it has 4 books in the series and I have all 4 of them FREE from www.thevesselproject.com.

The bathroom is finally ALMOST finished, we are using it and all that needs done now is just a little more painting of the trim, the door and caulking around the sink. It turned out really nice and we are enjoying it.

I made a couple of new recipes that I got from Pinterest. I made crockpot enchiladas & sopapilla cheesecake, both very yummy!
I made them when Rick's brother and his gal came to visit, both were a big hit! I'm always glad to add new recipes to my menu.

The grandkids are all just growing like weeds, I can't believe how much little Owen has already changed. It drives me crazy that I can't see Randy's kids more often but thank the Lord for pictures!!!

Aren't they just precious?




Lori & Gabriel came over to celebrate Father's Day and look what Rick & Gabriel got!

A little Father's Day surprise!













































Rick & I stayed home on July 4th and we celebrated with our usual grilling out and I made chocolate ice cream, it was all very yummy, we made lots and are still enjoying it.
I can't believe it's July already. Hopefully we will get some much needed rain this month and hopefully I will get lots more scrapping done.

No comments:

Post a Comment